De Jong/De Kadt/De Vries
- DE JONG, Mathilde née DE VRIES P
- DE KADT, Betsy Arnolda née DE JONG P
- DE KADT, Edith Mary P
- DE KADT, Isidor Emanuel P
- DE KADT, Josephine Mathilde P A
Age 21 | Visa unnumbered
- DE KADT, Marianne Josephine P
- DE KADT, Marie née DE KADT P
- DE KADT, Mathilde Rica P A
Age 15 | Visa unnumbered
- DE KADT, Pieter Pim P
- DE KADT, Rica P
- DE KADT, Simon P
About the Family
This large family of Dutch nationals received visas from Aristides de Sousa Mendes in Bayonne, France on June 21, 1940.
The following day, they traveled from Bayonne to Porto, Portugal on the vessel Milena, a Portuguese schooner that had been chartered by Belgian and Dutch financiers for a group of around 50 passengers.
Several de Kadt family members, who held Spanish visas, disembarked in Santander and continued overland to Portugal.
In August of 1940 they traveled on the vessel Quanza from Lisbon to New York.