- ROTHSCHILD, Baron Edward de
- ROTHSCHILD, Baron Eugene de P A
Age 56 | Visa #1998 or 1999
- ROTHSCHILD, Baron Henri de A
Age 68 | Visa #1755
- ROTHSCHILD, Baron Maurice de P A
Age 59 | Visa #1751
- ROTHSCHILD, Baroness Germaine de A
Age 56 | Visa #1746
- ROTHSCHILD, Baroness Katherine de, née WOLFF P A
Age 55 | Visa #1998 or 1999
- ROTHSCHILD, Bethsabée de P A
Age 25 | Visa #1747
- THIERRY, Nadine Charlotte Therese née ROTHSCHILD A
Age 42 | Visa #1757
- ZAMOYSKA, Adelaide Janine P A
Age 20 | Visa #1752
About the Family
The ROTHSCHILD family received visas from Aristides de Sousa Mendes in Bordeaux on June 16 and 17, 1940.
Baron Maurice de ROTHSCHILD, a former French Senator, subsequently crossed into Portugal arriving in Lisbon on June 26, 1940 and sailing from Lisbon to Scotland in July 1940.
Baron Edward de ROTHSCHILD, his wife Baroness Germaine de ROTHSCHILD and their daughter Bethsabée de ROTHSCHILD flew from Lisbon to New York on the Yankee Clipper on July 4, 1940.
Baron Eugene de ROTHSCHILD followed on the Yankee Clipper on August 3, 1940. He was joined there by his wife Baroness Katherine de ROTHSCHILD who flew on the Yankee Clipper on October 4, 1940.
Nadine THIERRY was the daughter of Henri de ROTHSCHILD and the wife of the French Ambassador to Romania, Adrien THIERRY. She crossed into Switzerland in December 1943.
Adelaide ZAMOYSKA, the stepdaughter of Maurice de ROTHSCHILD, remained in Portugal, where she died in 1946.